Welcome to Lala's Kitchen Blog


Hi Everyone,

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am very new to this blogging and posting public online. But I'm slowly learning and you can follow my progress.

I've always been a fan of YouTube videos, especially recipe videos. I love watching them for meal inspirations and honestly for just plain entertainment.  It did cross my mind in the past to maybe try it out for myself, but of course fear and lack of confidence held me back. It wasn't until I became pregnant with my first born, the curiosity of making my own videos started to grow. But because I was so lazy when I was pregnant, all I wanted to do was lay around and eat, well... I never came around to making the videos.

Finally when my son was born, I had this new outlook on life. Being a mom really does change you and all my fears and insecurities vanished. I had this little person to look after and I had no time to be insecure of what people thought of me. All I care about is what my son thinks of me, and I want to be the best person for him.  I could go more into detail about this, but for now lets talk how I finally decided to make my first public video and start this blog.

In Canada, we are very fortunate that we have the choice to take 1 year maternity leave (and up to 18 months now). It wasn't until 4 month before my mat-leave was ending that I realized, how much I would just love to be a stay at home mom. I never thought I would ever want that, funny how a cute little squishy chubby baby will make you feel that way. And so I started to search how I could do that while making money. But alas, I did come back to reality and realized that if I kept my job I could provide so much for my family financially. I have my parents and in laws who are both willing to look after baby, so we don't have to worry about childcare. However, I still want to be the one to raise my son and see him more than I see co-workers (I work mon- fri, 8am-4pm kinda job).  No offense to co-workers.

SO, to cut to the chase I decided "fine I won't be a stay at home mom", but I would love to work part-time in the future and somehow make some money on the side. Now how can I do that ????

YOUTUBE!!! YOUTUBE!!! YOUTUBE!!!

YouTube was my answer, I love food, love cooking food, why not share this passion I have with the world. And so here we are. I'm an aspirating YouTube star waiting for the big break. OK not really wanting to be a star and if this doesn't work out, I have nothing to loose. I really enjoy creating recipe videos, its pretty much watching a glamorized view of how I make lunch or supper.

I hope you check out my YouTube page Lala's Kitchen. Where I show you how to make my favorite filipino dishes and showing creative and unique ways to serve them. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Lalaine

Comments

Popular Posts