Grilled Pork Kabobs- Calamansi & Soy Marinade

Pork kabobs or pork skewers are a staple at any summer filipino party. Every family has their secret recipe that they don't share. Or one of the best marinades I've had was store bought in a bottle from mamasita. But I wanted to create a simple easy marinade that was made with the theme for this month. I know some people like to add coke or 7up but since I didn't have any of that, I just went with what I had in pantry. 






Ingredients

2 lbs pork shoulder
6-8 or more calamansi
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup coconut sugar
8-10 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup water 

Bbq sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil

  1. Cut pork shoulder into rectangular shape about 1 inch long. I find rectangular shape skewers better on wooden sticks than a exact square shape. 
  2. Add cut pork into a seal-able container
  3. Add crushed garlic, soy sauce, coconut sugar, black pepper, water and calamansi juice. Mix till well combined 
  4. Cover and marinade over night
  5. Mix all ingredients for bbq sauce. 
  6. Kabobs can be cooked on direct heat. 
  7. Place kabobs along grill and baste frequently with bbq sauce. 
  8. Constantly turn kabobs so they do not burn. 
  9. Once the pork is no longer pink and have a nice charred look. They are ready. I prefer to cook with pork shoulder for pork kabobs just because it doesn't over cook as easily as lean pork such as pork loin. 
  10. Serve immediately and enjoy


Comments

Popular Posts