Super Easy and Simple Teriyaki pork

One of my favorite things to do for quick weekday meals, is to use hot pot meat. You can find them at asian grocery stores and they usually have their own section. I love using hot pot meat as they are already thinly sliced which makes for quick cooking time. I like to keep sliced pork shoulder, sliced beef waygu or short rib in my freezer when they go on sale. Its the perfect portion for 2 people. For this recipe, I am using pork shoulder. If you can't access hot pot meat, you can just thinly slice some pork. 

Ingredients

1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
1 package thinly sliced pork shoulder (hot pot) or 1/2 lb thinly sliced pork (preferably dark meat)
1/2 onion thinly slices
2 minced garlic cloves 
salt and pepper to taste


  1. In a wok, heat pan to medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil.
  2. Add minced garlic, saute until golden and fragrant
  3. Add thinly sliced pork shoulder, try to separate the layers so that all the meat touches the hot wok. Season with salt and pepper. 
  4. Cook until liquid evaporates
  5. Add teriyaki sauce, stir fry till well coated
  6. Add onions to add some nice crunch, saute to desired done-ness. I wanted them to be soft so I cooked them about 5 mins. 
  7. Garnish with sesame seeds or green onions
  8. Eat along side some sauteed or steamed veggies. I am using a leafy green I found at my local asian grocery store. I also like to try different leafy greens. I think this is somewhat of a suy choy but not exactly sure. 
  9. Serve on top of rice. 

Comments

Popular Posts