Warm Green Bean, Tomato and Bacon Salad

I wanted to change up the veggies this week, I saw these beautiful french green beans which I prefer over regular green beans. I like how delicate they are and they cook faster. Had some left over steak and decided I would just make a side dish to go with it. I just used whatever I had in my fridge and it turned out pretty amazing. Placing the cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese over the hot green beans created a creamy like sauce to coat the beans.




Ingredients
Handful Haricot Vert or green beans
1/4 cup halves of Cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp Red onions
1 slice Bacon
2 tbsp Olive oil
4 tbsp Freshly Grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste

1. In a pot of boiling salted water, add the haricot vert. I prefer haricot vert because of the sweetness and I like how delicate they are compared to green beans. Boil until the green beans are soften but not over cooked. You still want some bite to them. Boil about 3 mins. Cook your bacon until it is cripsy.

2. In a serving bowl add the freshly boiled green beans, cherry tomatoes, red onions, bacon, olive oil, parmesan cheese. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.

3. Serve along side any protein. I served mine with some beautiful steak.












Comments

Popular Posts