Sausage & Mushroom Linguine

I love making pasta this way that doesn't call for a jar of tomato sauce. Don't get me wrong I still love cooking pasta with tomato sauce. I just love how fresh and light this pasta is, makes you feel less guilty when you eat a huge bowl of it.



Ingredients
200 grams of uncooked linguine
or a good handful of linguine
2-3 italian sausage (I am using mild italian sausage)
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 medium onion diced
1 cup of sliced cremini mushrooms
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
fresh parsley to garnish

1. In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat. In a large pot, bring to a boil salted water and cook linguine to package directions. I like our pasta well done because I'm feeding a 2 year old. If you like aldente pasta you do you.

2. Add the italian sausage and cook until slightly brown around the edges.

3. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant. Create space in the center of the skillet.

4. Add the sliced cremini mushrooms, add some olive oil to saute the mushrooms in the center. Stir all together. Cook for about 4-6 mins until the mushrooms soften.

5. Create space in the center of the skillet again and add the tomatoes. I added another drizzle of olive oil and 4 tbsp of pasta water to create a sauce with the tomatoes. Allow the tomatoes to break down about 5 mins, squish the tomatoes.

6. At this point you can add the cooked linguine to the skillet. Mix well until most of the sauce has been absorbed into the pasta. You can also add some pasta water if its too dry.

7. Add the freshly grated parmesan and mix well again. I added my parmesan in 2 parts that way the pasta is well incorporated. Turn off the heat

8. Drizzle some extra olive oil, garnish with fresh italian parsley and most parmesan cheese. Serve directly from the skillet.


Comments

Popular Posts