Pork Rib Adobo w/ Green Beans- My version of Adobong Sitaw

This is my twist on a filipino dish called Adobong Sitaw, which is usually pork adobo and sitaw (snake beans or string beans), my version is made with pork ribs and haricot verts (french green beans). I don't normally buy sitaw because of how much comes in a bundle and its not normally sold at my local grocery store. I buy french green beans just because I know I can make more dishes from it and I thought it would be a tasty twist on Adobong Sitaw. To my surprise it turned out better than expected. I hope you give this recipe a try.



Ingredients for adobo
1/2lb pork riblets or ribs
1/4 soy sauce
2 tbsp cane vinegar
4-5 crushed garlic
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce (optional)
1/2 tsp black pepper
pinch of sugar

Other ingredients
handful of haricot verts
1 minced garlic
1/4 onion sliced
salt & pepper to taste

1. In a small sauce pan add the pork riblets. Optional to par boil for 2 mins to remove impurities and rinse well. Then add ingredients for the adobo. Boil for about 5 mins or until the liquid is about half.
Add 1 cup of water and simmer until pork is tender, add more water if it starts to run out. Keep liquid to about 3/4 cup and set aside.

2. In a wok or fry pan, add 2 tbsp oil on medium heat. Add the minced garlic, saute until fragrant.

3. Add the onions and continue saute for 2 mins.

4. Add the green beans and saute 2 mins.

5. Add couple spoonfuls of the adobo liquid and cover the pan to steam the green beans. 2 mins

6. Push the green beans aside to create space in the center, add 1 tbsp of oil. Add the pork pieces and brown them on both sides. Then stir to combine.

7. Add more adobo liquid to further cook the green beans if they are not yet tender. And you can add as much adobo liquid for a more saucier dish. I like mine dry so I didn't add anymore.

8. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onions.




Comments

Popular Posts